There’s a reason people can’t get enough of our Vegan Choc Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream – the secret is in the homemade chocolate chip cookie dough! For all our cookie dough fans, here’s how to get your fix at home…
The recipe is egg and dairy free – you just need a few simple ingredients that you should have in your pantry to whip up this ultra chocolatey and extra moreish doughy treat.
70g cake flour
240g chocolate chips (any brand that’s 55% vegan chocolate or more)
5ml vanilla extract
140g light brown sugar
140g vegan plant butter (we use Flora Plant Butter)
- Melt the plant butter until it’s liquid (but not boiling).
- Add the plant butter to the brown sugar and mix them together until you have a smooth paste. This will look like it will never ever happen, but it does. Pinkie swear.
- Next, add in your vanilla extract and mix until smooth
- Stir in the flour, making sure you don’t leave any lumps. You can sift your flour ahead of time if you are that way inclined, but not necessary. Cool the mixture before adding the chocolate chips so they don’t melt into the dough.
- Once they’re mixed in, smash the dough down into a flat disc (shape doesn't matter, it'll get chopped up).
- Wrap the dough in non-porous wrap to prevent it from absorbing weird smells, and store in the fridge or freezer until it's snack time.
Eat it as is or crumble it into your ice cream for a real treat! And don’t forget to tag us on social media with your cookie dough creations.
Need it now? We got you! Order online here: